27 Jan Liz’s Awesome Baked Chicken Wings
Since the Super Bowl is just around the corner, in my radio appearances this week, I shared my recipe for my Awesome Baked Chicken Wings. Recipes like this help you stay on track and focused on creating those better habits, while still joining in the fun!
2017 is all about creating better habits to help you reach the weight loss and wellness goals you’re working towards. I’m a big proponent of eating what you enjoy by putting a healthy spin on your current recipes.
If you’re looking for a recipe that you and the family can have during the week or as a tasty treat on the weekends, it’s perfect! Give it a try and let me know how you like it!
Liz’s Awesome Baked Chicken Wings
The magic component of these wings is to marinate them for a couple of hours in the fridge in Bolthouse Farms Yogurt based Ranch dressing! It adds an extra layer of flavor and makes them crisp up on the outside while super tender on the inside!! My family can not get enough!
Makes 30 wings
1-2 tablespoon salted butter, melted (I like mine buttery!)
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
1/3 cup hot pepper sauce (Like Frank’s or Chulula)
30 organic chicken wings, drumettes and flats separated
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ to ¾ of a bottle of Bolthouse Farms Ranch Dressing for marinating
1. Season wings by tossing them first with the oil, kosher salt and pepper
2. Place wings in a large bowl or Ziplock bag covered in Bolthouse Farms Ranch Dressing, let sit for an hour or more
3. When ready Preheat oven to 400°F
4. Set a wire rack inside your oven or on top of 1 large rimmed baking sheet. *Take a look at my photo. The suspended wire rack helps gets the wings super crispy!
5. Mix all buffalo sauce ingredients in a medium bowl except hot sauce; let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk in hot sauce; keep warm
6. Toss marinated wings in sauce to coat
7. Set wings on top of prepared racks and spread out in a single layer
8. Bake wings until cooked through and skin is crispy, 45–50 minutes
Serve with a trio of Bolthouse Farms Blue Cheese, Ranch and Salsa Ranch Dressings for dipping and lots of carrots and celery too (of course, you’ve gotta have a veggie with that!)
Want more recipes and tips for real and lasting weight loss? Join my newsletter here